The Holy Bible is God’s Word. Ultimately the Word came directly from God. What does the Holy Bible say about where it comes from?
- Invite class members to get their Bibles ready to look up verses.
- Tell them that the class is going to see who quickly finds the scriptures.
- When a class member is the first to find the scripture, that person should stand and read the scripture aloud to everyone.
- Everyone stop and listen while the scripture is being read.
- Everyone should respect class members at all times.
- The person who stands and reads should wait (a number) of turns before standing to read another scripture. This will give others an opportunity to read.
- Have a “15 second discussion” about how the verse relates to today’s Sword Drill topic.
Scriptures About Where the Bible Comes From
- 2 Peter 1:21
- Psalm 119:89
- Proverbs 30:5-6
- Matthew 4:4
- John 1:1
- 2 Timothy 3:16
- Luke 24:44
- John 5:39
- Hebrews 10:7
- 1 Corinthians 2:13
- 1 Thessalonians 2:13
- 2 Peter 3:15-16
- Revelation 22:18-19
Take a few minutes to discuss what these scripture say about where the Bible comes from, how it came to mankind, and what happens when we misuse the Word.