The Holy Bible is God’s Word. Sure, it was written and compiled by the hands of some men, but the scriptures were delivered to these men through the works of the Holy Spirit.
- Invite class members to get their Bibles ready to look up verses.
- Tell them that the class is going to see who quickly finds the scriptures.
- When a class member is the first to find the scripture, that person should stand and read the scripture aloud to everyone.
- Everyone stop and listen while the scripture is being read.
- Everyone should respect class members at all times.
- The person who stands and reads should wait (a number) of turns before standing to read another scripture. This will give others an opportunity to read.
- Have a “15 second discussion” about how the verse relates to today’s Sword Drill topic.
- Hebrews 4:12
- Psalm 33:11
- John 1:1
- Psalm 119:16
- Psalm 119:11
- Proverbs 30:5
- 2 Timothy 3:16
- Revelation 19:13
- Romans 10:8
- Psalm 119:105
- James 1:21
- Psalm 40:8
- James 1:22
- Isaiah 55:11
- Revelation 22:18-19
Have a one minute discussion about how these scriptures have helped class members understand God’s Word.