The Holy Bible is God’s Word. The Scripture implores us to Study the Word and hide it in our hearts so that the Holy Spirit can call it to our remembrance in times of need.
- Invite class members to get their Bibles ready to look up verses.
- Tell them that the class is going to see who quickly finds the scriptures.
- When a class member is the first to find the scripture, that person should stand and read the scripture aloud to everyone.
- Everyone stop and listen while the scripture is being read.
- Everyone should respect class members at all times.
- The person who stands and reads should wait (a number) of turns before standing to read another scripture. This will give others an opportunity to read.
- Have a “15 second discussion” about how the verse relates to today’s Sword Drill topic.
Scriptures About Studying The Word
- 2 Timothy 2:15
- 1 John 2:27
- Proverbs 1:5
- 2 Timothy 3:15-17
- Proverbs 9:9
- Acts 7:22
- 2 John 1:9
- Philippians 4:8
- Titus 2:1
- Colossians 2:8
- 1 Timothy 2:4
- 1 John 4:1-3
Have a one minute discussion about what these scriptures say about why it is important to study God’s Word.