Let’s stop and reflect for a moment on our Christian walk. Do you really demonstrate the character of Jesus Christ in our words and behavior? Do you even know how to determine whether you are reflecting Christ in your life?
There are many in our modern society that try to put on the look of Jesus Christ. They make appeals to our values and morals. They play on our emotions and guilt in order to get us to act or believe certain ways. But, we must be careful. Some of these manipulations can be very deceptive and cause us to make a turn in the wrong direction. Something looks like Jesus in one respect, may not look like him at all in another. Reflecting the character of Jesus isn’t a mixed up like this. Let’s take a look at scripture to see what kind of guidance we can find on whether our character demonstrates the righteous fruit of Jesus Christ.
OBSERVATION: What does God’s Word say?
INTERPRETATION: What does God’s Word mean?
- In Matthew 7:15-20, what is meant by the wolves that come to you in sheep’s clothing?
- What is meant by good fruit?
- What is meant by bad fruit?
- According to Matthew 3:7-12, what happens to those who do not bear the good fruit?
- Matthew 21:43 concludes a parable of the Vineyard and the Vinedressers (Matthew 21;33-43). What is the message that Jesus is delivering to the chief priests and Pharisees in this parable?
- According to Matthew 15:19, what is the source of a person’s fruitfulness or unfruitfulness?
- In John 15:1-2, what happens to those who do not bear good fruit?
- Why does the vinedresser prune the vine?
- What are ways God prunes those who bear fruit?
- What are characteristics of good fruit according to the scriptures?
- What are characteristics of bad fruit according to the scriptures?
- How would you use what you have learned to discern whether something is a source of good or bad fruit?
APPLICATION: How do I apply God’s Word to my life?
Consider for a moment the type of fruit that you produce when you interact with others. What do you think are types of fruit to others see in you? Do you demonstrate the fruits that show Christ living in you or is there something else less righteous that people see and experience around you? Read Psalm 37:5-6. Confess any unfruitfulness to Christ and make a commitment to be an example that magnifies Him.
If you have questions or comments about this Bible Drill, please use the contact form.