HOOK: If you listen to the news, the rhetoric of politicians, and many with what is called progressive values, the day has arrived that was spoken about in Isaiah 5:20 ESV: “Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!”
They day is now here when people are shamed when they make Biblical-based statements grounded in God’s Word. They are given a wide range of negative labels including: bigots, racist, deplorable, intolerant, misogynistic.
Here’s the thing. There is a Greater Authority who inspired the words that help us identify behavior that is evil:
When speaking of heaven, Revelation 21:27 ESV says: “But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s book of life.”
LINE: We see some very clear statements in scripture about unclean things:
- Ephesians 5:5 – “For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
- Galations 5:19-21 – “Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
- 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 – “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
- Romans 1:26-27 – “For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.
- John 3:5 – “Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.”
- Exodus 20:1-17
So, what is good?
That is a great question. Read Mark 10:17-31, In this scripture Jesus tells a man that “No one is good except God alone.” So what shall we do? Learn more by watching this video from LivingWaters.com
Learn More Here: Save Yourself Some Pain
When you hear/see people (including Christians and churches) defend behaviors like those in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 and Romans 1:26-27, what do they claim as the defense that it is OK?
How does the defense they give stand up to scriptures like Revelation 22:18-19, Romans 12:2, Galatians 1:6-9, Isaiah 40:8, Psalm 119:160, James 1:21?
If you attend an organization that has changed teaching to something that contradicts the good/truth in God’s Word, what do you plan to do about it?
According to what you have learned in this devotion, are you doing what it takes to live out the Truth in God’s Word?
Our politically correct society is certainly abandoning the morals of Biblical Scripture in many blatantly obvious ways. The changes are no longer under-handed or sneaky, but many are still deceived by organizations that were once very trusted. Spend some time with God seeking what you should do if you are part of an organization that twisted God’s Word into something that identifies evil as good. Pray about how you can be a person that doesn’t fall for these evil changes. Be ready to defend your stand on what is truly Good by God’s standards.