Bible Drill Hook: “The Status of Sin in our Society”
We are living in a time when sin, disobedience to God’s standards for our life, is being lifted up in our society. The news media is full of reports and ideas that demonstrate how things that were once viewed as wrong or immoral are being celebrated. Some churches are even clouding the definition of sin by accepting lifestyle choices and actions that are clearly contrary to God’s Word.
The eternal consequences of sinful behavior are very disturbing. One might conclude that the world doesn’t believe there is an eternal punishment for those that practice sin.
Bible believing Christians know that disobedience to God has terrible consequences in the end. These same people know that God provided an act of Grace that frees us from the eternal punishment resulting from a life filled with unrighteousness.
In this Bible Drill, we will examine what the scriptures say about the growing influence of sin in our society.
OBSERVATION: What does God’s Word say?
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
1 Timothy 4:1-3
The Bible Huddle is an extended lesson for this Bible Drill and is available for Members. You’re welcome to become a Member by visiting the Membership Signup Page Here.
[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level4) OR current_user_is(administrator)]
INTERPRETATION: What does God’s Word mean?
- Read Romans 1:18-32. Paul discusses God’s Wrath upon unrighteous living in these scriptures. Make a list of the unrighteous acts Paul mentions.
- According to Galatians 5:19-21 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, what is the consequence of those who choose to remain in a sinful lifestyle?
- What is Proverbs 14:12 telling us?
- What does 1 Timothy 4:1-3 tell us to expect as time continues?
APPLICATION: How do I apply God’s Word to my life?
- Look at the list made from Romans 1:18-4. What evidence in our current society supports the idea that many are celebrating these acts?
- What evidence do we see that our general society is ignoring the consequences of unrighteousness?
- What evidence do we see that our society is celebrating the things that God considers unrighteous?
- We see people and organizations attempting to justify behaviors that are sinful. What does Proverbs 14:12 say about this?
- 1 Timothy 4:1-3 speaks of what we should expect in latter times. What evidence is revealed in our society to indicate that the time spoken of could be now?
- How should a Bible believing, truth practicing Christian communicate the consequence of celebrating sin in a way that wins a person to Christ?
If you have questions or comments about this Bible Drill, please use the contact form.